The iGuardStove Intelligent is the only product of its kind. It is first an Automatic Stove Shut Off device to protect families from the smoke, fire, and water damage from unattended and forgotten cooking. But it is so much more than that. When the device is connected to the Internet it allows the iGuardStove to do some wonderful things. It allows you to remotely monitor many aspects of the stove and it’s usage as well as it can send text messages when certain actions or events happen that you want to be alerted to. You can also monitor the stove usage to ensure that loved ones are cooking themselves hot meals or when they are NOT using the stove. The lock outs are of obvious benefit when you are not around to ensure safe cooking. The Late-Night lock prevents cooking at night while others are sound asleep. Other features are the Activity Monitor to make sure loved ones are safely up and around in the kitchen each morning, the Night Time activity monitor alerts you to potential sleep disorders. There are High/Low Ambient Temperature alerts to warn of possible malfunctioning furnaces or air conditioners that can put loved ones at risk. This easy to install and Patented product is the only product available that provides proactive prevention of cooking fires due to unattended or forgotten cooking.
- Prevents Cooking Fires Caused by Forgotten or Unattended Cooking by automatically shutting off the stove when there is no motion in the kitchen. Recommended for people who are aging in place or families touched by memory issues from Alzheimer’s, dementia, or stroke.
- How the Automatic Shut Off works: When the cooking appliance is turned on the motion sensor begins monitoring for activity. When it senses no activity, it gives 5 minutes for someone to return otherwise the cooking appliance will be shut off.
- Auto Shut Off Timer: The 5-minute default timer can be adjusted for between 1 to 15 minutes. Manual override timer can be selected for longer uninterrupted cooking times when the cooking can be safely left unattended. Manual timer can be set for 15 min to 10 hours.
- There are 3 different Lock outs to disable the stove. 1. Late Night lock for during certain times of the night or day and certain days of the week. 2. Child locks to prevent unsupervised use when the stove knobs are turned. 3. The Care Giver lock gives complete control of disabling the stove.
- Easy to Install: Simple DIY installation. Less than 15 minutes. No electrician required. Works with ranges and stoves. 4 prong electric model: 120V / 240V 50 amp rating. UL & CSA certified.