Leviton IPS15-1LZ 1800-Watt Incandescent, 600-Watt LED/CFL Occupancy Sensor (Auto ON/Auto OFF), Single Pole or 3-Way. Compatible with Decora screwless snap-on wallplates (sold separately).
Lower electrical costs and add convenience to everyday living by replacing standard switches with occupancy sensors. Leviton’s IPS15 Occupancy Sensor Switch is designed specifically to handle higher power lighting and motor loads. It automatically turns the lights ON when you enter a room and OFF when you leave, convenient in rooms such as basements and laundry rooms where you frequently enter and exit with your hands full. Leviton occupancy sensors are a simple, cost effective way to automate a space in your home.
Perfect for areas where you may have your hands full such as laundry rooms, kitchens, garages, basements, pantries and storage areas rooms. view larger
Installation and Placement Considerations
- A simple and effective way to save energy and the associated electric costs. Actual savings from sensors vary greatly depending on usage patterns and occupant habits, but used diligently the energy savings and reduced frequency of bulb replacement over time can provide significant cost savings.
- Time delay settings of 30 seconds, 5 minutes, 15 minutes or 30 minutes for automatic OFF. For example, closet lighting would ideally be set to turn off in 5 minutes while a bathroom fan may be set to turn off 15 minutes after the space is vacated.
- The IPS15 requires a neutral wire, making it ideal for new construction or for applications where a neutral wire is present. A ground wire is required for operation.
How the Sensor Works
It uses “passive infrared technology” which responds to the infrared heat people naturally emit to monitor a specific area. When this “heat” is sensed, the lights will stay ON in the room. When you leave the room and this “heat” is no longer sensed the lights will automatically turn OFF.
Features and Benefits
Leviton Universal Sensors use passive infrared (PIR) technology to detect movement so there are a number of factors that must be considered when installing them.
- They require a clear view of the room or space for accurate detection—any furniture or obstructions that block the sensor’s view will prevent occupant’s movement from being detected
- For optimal performance, locate with a clear line-of-view of the area to be covered; perpendicular to the likely movement
- They are most effective in small, enclosed areas with high levels of occupant motion
- Size and shape of area needing coverage must be in line with the range of the occupancy sensor
- The more activity there is in a space, the more sensors will contribute to energy savings and convenience
- Avoid installing in locations where nearby airflow may falsely register as motion; be mindful of the location of heating units, air conditioners, dryers and other large appliances that generate rapid changes in temperature or movement
Increase your energy savings and convenience by turning lights on and off automatically view larger
Leviton IPS15-1LZ 1800-Watt Incandescent, 600-Watt LED/CFL Occupancy Sensor (Auto ON/Auto OFF), Single Pole or 3-Way
At a Glance:
- Automatic ON/Automatic OFF
- Multi-location control (three-way) when used with the IPVOR sensor remote
- Ideal for higher power lighting and motor loads
- Ambient light sensitivity prevents lights from automatically turning ON when there is ample natural sunlight
- Four timing options for automatic shutoff, from 30 seconds to 30 minutes
- Automatic ON/Automatic OFF, provides 180-Degree field of view and 900 square feet of coverage, Ideal for higher power lighting and motor loads
- 1800W Incandescent/Halogen, 600W LED/CFL, 1800VA Fluorescent, 1/2HP Motor loads. Neutral wire is required for operation, no ground wire required
- 3-way control with IPV0R sensor remote
- Comes packaged with 3 changeable color faces; white, ivory, and light almond
- Five-year limited warranty